Be a Mentor
Mentors Make a Difference
Are you interested in serving as a mentor at a Camp Agape California Summer camp or become a Camp Agape Counselor?
The Camp Agape California Mentors play a vital and key component of Summer camp life.
The Camp Mentors not only steward their groups of Campers, but the mentors also create a relationship based on trust, sincerity, love and friendship with each of the campers in their groups throughout the weekend.
The Mentors are held responsible for helping their group stay on task while demonstrating patience, love, grace, compassion and care for the Campers (Angels) who are called Angels just as our Lord would have us model.
CAMP AGAPE MENTOR REQUIREMENTS
- We require all Mentors to commit to the whole weekend of camp.
- Mentors are required to attend a 2-day mentor training retreat which is scheduled along with the Angel Orientation.
- We would also like mentors to attend all scheduled team events leading up to camp which could consist of Saturday morning devotions, update meetings, an Angel event and Camp Agape training meetings.
- All Camp Agape California Volunteers are to undergo an interview process with Camp Agape California core leadership.
- All mentors and Camp Agape California team volunteers are required to submit to and pass fingerprint testing as mandated by California State Law.
To be a Camp Agape Mentor, Please click here to fill out this Mentor Interest for 2020 Camp
We are delighted to see you have accepted the invitation to help make a difference in the lives of so many people. If you have any questions or concerns, you can email us at CampAgapeCalifornia@gmail.com.
Upon completing your application – you will receive a confirmation email stating your application has been received and a Camp Agape leader will contact you for an interview. All volunteers and mentors will need to complete a Live Scan. Download this form and bring it with you to an authorized Live Scan location. (The PDF download includes a location in Orange, CA).